The View from the Firehouse


The one thing that is universal in fire stations the world round, is usually late at night there is a deck of cards, a pot of coffee and two or three fire fighters sitting around solving the worlds problems. It’s just a shame that no one listens to us.

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Happy Dad's Day

I was going to write a big long post about fatherhood, but I ran short on time. So instead here is some info on not only fathering but partnering as a whole.
We’ll start first some of with what the bible has to say:

Deuteronomy6:5-7 You must love the Lord your God with your whole mind,8 your whole being, and all your strength. 6 These words I am commanding you today must be kept in mind, 7 and you must teach them to your children and speak of them as you sit in your house, as you walk along the way, as you lie down, and as you get up.

Proverbs 22:6 Train a child in the way that he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.

Ephesians 6:4 Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but raise them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.

Colossians 3:21 Fathers, do not provoke your children, so they will not become disheartened


Here are some very good articles from focus on the family

Here are some tough questions that all parents should have an answer to:

• What do I want my child to understand about God?
• What do I want my child to believe about himself or herself?
• What personal qualities do I want my child to value most highly?
• How does my child know I believe in and love him or her?
• Does my child get that message?
• Do I love my child by giving him or her my time?
• Do I teach my child by example what it means to love Christ in daily life?
• How do I want my child to view work? How am I teaching that and is he or she getting it?
• What kinds of books do I want to expose my child to (from the earliest ages)?
• What do I want my child to know about the purpose in life?
• Does my child know what does or does not disappoint me about his or her performance or behavior? (And parent, you must ask if these are fair and worthy expectations.)
• Does my child know what's most important to me? Source


And if you’re not a Father and want to be you can find a job deserection here.

# Posted by Alyfireman :: 3:20 AM :: |
---------------oOo---------------
Comments: Post a Comment