The View from the Firehouse


The one thing that is universal in fire stations the world round, is usually late at night there is a deck of cards, a pot of coffee and two or three fire fighters sitting around solving the worlds problems. It’s just a shame that no one listens to us.

Thursday, June 02, 2005

ACLU blogbrust 6-2-05

This week’s Stop the ACLU blogburst is “What do you dislike most about the ACLU". Now, where as the ACLU gives you tons of reason to dislike them for me the choice is easy.

Some people maybe surprised that the fact that the ACLU is on a witch-hunt, against the Christian First Amendments rights. Christ himself says:

Matt. 5:43-45
5:43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor’ and ‘hate your enemy.’ 5:44 But I say to you, love your enemy and pray for those who persecute you, 5:45 so that you may be like your Father in heaven, since he causes the sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

Luke 6:22
6:22 “Blessed are you when people hate you, and when they exclude you and insult you and reject you as evil on account of the Son of Man!

John7:7
7:7 The world cannot hate you, but it hates me, because I am testifying about it that its deeds are evil.

John 15:18-21
15:18 “If the world hates you, be aware that it hated me first. 15:19 If you belonged to the world, the world would love you as its own. However, because you do not belong to the world, but I chose you out of the world, for this reason the world hates you. 15:20 Remember what I told you, ‘A slave is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you. If they obeyed my word, they will obey yours too. 15:21 But they will do all these things to you on account of my name, because they do not know the one who sent me.

So from Jesus’ own teaching it should not come to a surprise to Christians that there are people in this world that hate us, just flat out hate us. I’m not saying that there aren’t times when some among us deserve it, and are constantly making us look like loud mouthed bigots. But the truth of the matter is people are afraid of what the future holds. OK, let me get back on topic.

What I dislike most about what the ACLU is the fact that they defend people like NAMBLA and these people that want to have fake sex with children. All in the defense of free speech. Now I agree that free speech applies to everyone, even if they are spewing the most vile, hate filled garbage you can imagine. But freedom of speech also has to be held responsible. For the same reason you can not go into a crowed movie theater and yell FIRE, just to watch the stampede. This is the same reason that free speech cannot and most not interfere with the rights of those among us that cannot defend themselves. OUR CHILDREN. All this and I never touched the fact that they support abortion as a form of birth control. I’ll have to save that for another time.

# Posted by Alyfireman :: 12:59 AM :: |
---------------oOo---------------
Comments: Post a Comment