The View from the Firehouse


The one thing that is universal in fire stations the world round, is usually late at night there is a deck of cards, a pot of coffee and two or three fire fighters sitting around solving the worlds problems. It’s just a shame that no one listens to us.

Saturday, January 15, 2005

Conversation that took place at my house this evening

Let me set the scene for you. My wife and two boys are watching figure skating (I was working so there wasn’t something more manly on like, oh, I don’t know maybe say NASCAR). This is the conversation that took place:

Dale (My son): Mommy how come your not skinny like those skaters?

Zena (My wife): Because I’m different.

Dale: You mean like how God makes us all different and special. Like how God made James (his bother, they’re twins) a little bit bigger than me and how God made Daddy and Mickey Mouse different.

To me this is heart warming and reassuring. I am beginning to see that the hard work of raising kids to be Christians is starting to pay off and has not been wasted

# Posted by Alyfireman :: 11:55 PM :: |
---------------oOo---------------
Comments: Post a Comment